Laying here I keep wanting to write to you about Motivation, or Hope, or give you some kind of inspirational words to help you through the day. Honestly I got nothing right now though. I know writers aren’t supposed to tell their readers they have nothing to give them, but really all I have are these words.
I promised myself I would be consistent in my writing though and I would push even when I’ve lost motivation. I promised I wouldn’t loose the confidence I found in myself when I got the courage to start this blog.
So here I am.
Pushing through to make sure I can say, “I did it”, at the end of the day!
And I can!
I don’t know if you will find motivation, or hope, or if it’ll help get you through the day, but these are the words I have for you.
Sometimes having nothing to write about can be a great thing to write about.
Good Morning and Blessed Be to all you amazingly wonderful and beautiful people! Today is a day for showing gratitude! No special day besides the fact it is a new day and there is no better time to start or do something new!
So recently I have been in a slump of emotions. I feel like a rollercoaster of high and lows and all the curves are my confusions of whys. What triggered me noticing this was yesterday when I busted out in tears, I know, pretty noticable sign right! It was just one of those moments where sensory overload got me and my mind started to just list out everything that was “going wrong” recently or Everything that’s made me feel “bad”. I have pretty bad anxiety, who doesn’t these days, but I’ve had for so long that when I catch myself in an overload moment I know I have to do something to break it or I’ll go into a straight panic attack and start not breathing and all that good jazz. So THANKFULLY my husband called in that moment for his lunch. Not sure if he just knew I needed him then or fate knew I needed help but he called exactly when I needed to help calm me down.
Y’all will never know how much that man has saved me!
My slump though, that has been due to stress and I know this, it’s one of the few things we all share in emotionally on this Earth, and If you don’t have any stress in your life you seriously need to share that secret cause I promise you could market it and make bank! Oh wait… pretty sure people actually do this already??
Come on though, EVERYONE has stress, everyone has moments that just feels like nothing is going right and you feel like you’ve failed.
And THAT’S OKAY!
Like I Said it’s one of the few things we all share so I promise no one will ever be mad at you for having stress in your life!! You Do What You Can With What You Have!!
Seriously my motto, even got it tattooed on me!
I have found though that in dealing with stress, or sensory overload, or having a crummy day cause your coffee order was wrong, or whatever moment or event that is going on in your life right now that is causing you to doubt yourself or feel small, being Grateful helps!
It truly does!
Taking that moment to realize a bigger picture helps to make that moment of doubt seem insignificant.
Next time you start to feel down, I want you to think of these to help bring you gratefulness:
1. I am grateful for my mornings! – your morning means you made it through yesterday and today is a whole new experience! Use this as a push to always look forward to your morning!
2. I am grateful for the dirtiness of my home! – your home being dirty just means YOU LIVE THERE! You have a roof over your head and four walls to protect you! Be thankful that you have something that gets dirty.
3. I am grateful for my endless questions and the to do list I may have!! – having kids that constantly ask questions or a job you have have so many projects for can be stressful, but know that that child ask you all those questions cause your are their world and to them your the encyclopedia of knowledge! That job ask you questions or gives you work, I hope, cause they believe in your work and they trust you to do a wonderful job. You are needed to them!
4. I am grateful for my mind! – your mind is an astounding organ! Your mind literally has the ability to make you feel any way you want and think any thoughts you want! This is a treasure you have that no one else will EVER know the full depths of! Take advantage and make your mind your discover all that you have to offer this world!
5. I am grateful for my body being sore or tired at the end of the day! – at the end of the day when you lay in your bed all sore and tired know this. You accomplished your day! You got up, made what you needed happen, and are able to lay down and let that breath of the day out! Be grateful your body allows you to wake up everyday, carry you around doing everything you need, and allows you to lay, breath and rest it all away for the nexy day.
Being grateful isn’t hard, but it does take self awareness. It does take knowing in any stressful moment that its only a moment and you still everything else you get to do and be! Being grateful is one of the easiest, free, most uplifting activities you can do AND BE!
So today I challenge you.
Write it down!
Take THREE moments from your day and write down what you are grateful for! Even if one of those is being Grateful for someone else, like I was for my husband yesterday! Take three moments and show yourself love and peace by giving love and peace to your world around!
I am so grateful for each and every one of you! Each of you have a purpose and a reasoning for being on this Earth and it is time you accept you are needed! You are needed to bring love to this world. You are needed to help bring peace. You are needed to be grateful and to help show gratefulness to others. Blessed be my loves!
Today is a new day!
It doesn’t matter what day of the week it is or what month in the year, today is new and ready to be conquered!
To many times in our life we wait for an “opportune” moment for us to start something. “I’ll start that diet Sunday!” “I’m gonna start saving next month!” “I can always do that project tomorrow!” How many though can say you actually follow through? If you always stick to exactly what you set for yourself then heck yeah Girl!! You are a goal and I give you all props!! On the other hand though, if your like me, then the follow through sometimes doesn’t work out… Now I can’t be the only one that has a whole list of things to do or that I want to do but never actually get to that list! Something “always” comes up, or I “always” dont have time.
I put all the small things that would bring me joy on the back burner for the things I “think” HAVE to be done right then.
Why though? Why do we have a hard time following through with plans or projects that would bring us joy and happiness?
So many times we make plans of what we want to do but never follow through with the last step of actually doing. I wonder why? Maybe all the fun is in the planning? No, that doesn’t sound right! Maybe other things are more important? Possibly, but thats just an excuse really, if it’s important to you then it’s important! Maybe I don’t really deserve time for myself? Mhmmm, no I deserve every bit of time for my peace then the next person!
And SO DO YOU!!
I wake up an hour early almost every day so I can just be with myself. I’ll make coffee and either read, or pray, or go ahead and work on here for the future days. I take time for myself to make sure that these small joys don’t get put back. I need them to help fuel me for the day. I need them so that I can continue to give joy to others! You deserve that too! You deserve that peace for even just an hour to go and do things that will fill your joy tank!
So look at your canvas for the day. Lay out all the colors you want to paint with, and then begin. Just one stroke means you started. One stroke means you’re there. You followed through. Then the next day come back to that canvas and add another. Everyday come back and add another! Eventually you will see the picture your life is turning into! Eventually you will see that it isn’t so hard to to add that stroke, so soon you begin to add more! Soon you begin to paint your joys and happiness everywhere you go!
So get out that blank canvas and begin!
Accepting yourself. Accepting others. Accepting our world. Its hard sometimes. Unfortunately acceptance is not something that comes naturally to many of us. It’s not something we just do, or that we are. A lot of times it’s something we really work hard at. To be able to accept the commodities around us. To Accept the people around us. To accept ourselves for who we are.
I honestly couldn’t say which is harder.
At what point in our existence did we as humans start to not accept anymore? To turn to a way where all we do is judge another or complain for what we have. Where we put so much expectation on ourselves to be a certian way or live a certian life, all for what? To keep up with this materialistic world we live in? To make sure no one sees our weaknesses or has negative comments to say? To fake a smile at a stranger cause we wish they would give us the same?
Why though? Why is it so hard for us to coexist on this place we call home? To live together on this Earth in total peace.
Why is something that is so easy to do so hard for us? Acceptance is as easy as saying, “okay”. Nothing more, nothing less. Just okay.
If for one day our World could look at its neighbor and say, “I see you are different than I, but that’s okay, we are all one being living on this Earth. We all share one world. We are all together forever.”
If for one day we could all look into the mirror and just smile, because we know that who we are is needed for this World! Who we are was perfectly made for this time now! Who we are at this moment is just the beginning of who we can become!
If for one day we all just accepted.
Acceptance is hard!
The choice to choose not to accept though, is harder, but it is just a choice!
Your choice, to say “okay” or not.
Life can be hard, but Accepting doesn’t have to be!
Blessed be my loves!! I hope your Monday morning is going amazing!!
Today will be short but I wanted to make sure to post about this, as this year’s celebration really meant so much to me in my journey.
Lammas, also known as Lughnasagh, to honor the Celtic God Lugh, the God of Light and Craftsmanship, is the celebration of the harvest!
This was the time of the year tribes, villages, and covens would come to harvest their wheat, grains, oats and rye to make room for the new seeds of the year!
This is the time for transformation and new beginnings, this is the time for Rebirth and awakening.
In just starting my own journey of rebirth and Discovery getting to celebrate this, on my birthday no less, meant more than one could ever know! We all live our lives in hopes that one day we will find our purpose or our reasoning for being, but after yesterday. After taking the time to just be. After taking in all that I have already accomplished, I have realized its not our purpose in life to find a reasoning, but it is our purpose to be the reasoning. Be the reasoning someone else find peace, happiness, love, or Sanctuary.
Be what you seek, and become what others seek.
So gather your harvest, from this physical world, and the spiritual, and give thanks. Put into the world Everything you want back from it. Plant the seeds in your life that you can’t wait to harvest next year. Join together in your own tribe or community and give back together.
We Honor the past and our ancestors by taking this time to celebrate what we already have and allow it to remind ourselves of all that we have yet to come! To many times in this new world we take for granted what all our ancestors had to fight for, what all the had to do to survive. It wasn’t as easy as going to the market to buy bread or vegetables, or buying a new shirt when yours gets a hole. They worked hard everyday to make what they could so they could live. Simply live. Nothing more than that. They joined together in their communities to take part in the harvest each year as it was a celebration of all the year has given, and to give back so that the next will be just as plentiful.
Blessed be my loves. Go forth and be blessed, always!
Dont forget to smile
You have come so far
Don’t forget to smile
You have so much more to go
Don’t forget to smile
Seize each and every day
Don’t forget to smile
Appreciate it at the end
Don’t forget to smile
The world needs more of those
Don’t forget to smile
You’ll never know what it could mean
Don’t forget to smile
Your mirror could use it too
Don’t forget to smile
I heard it’s good for you
Don’t forget to smile
Today is your day
Don’t forget to smile
I mean the title pretty much says it all! I know though, you’re probably sitting there wondering what the junk does this girl mean? Can she say Fuck Off in a blog post?
So while I dont know the answer to that last part! I will say that you can take this one of two ways, depending on how you feel and what all you have going on today.
Two ways you can take this and use it!
1. Fuck Off Friday! – Meaning you literally tell Friday to fuck off! Today is your day and it doesn’t matter if its the last day of the week, or the first day of the weekend, your gonna make whatever you need happen today!
2. Fuck Off Friday! – Meaning it’s a fuck off Friday kinda day! It is the last big breath in before you can just let go for the weekend! Take the day and let it be your transition to the weekend, let it be a day of relaxation and fuck its!
So there you have it! Pretty simple right?
With every other day getting its own #mancrushmonday or #throwbackthursday I figured it was time Friday deserved one! Now, with a smile on your face and one big breath in look out at your day and say, “Fuck Off Friday”!
What do you do to push yourself to get motivated? To push the others around you to get motivated? Does it just come naturally or are there steps to take? Can one find motivation even when the act they are doing is no where near what they thought or wanted?
The answer to each of those all depends on the person. It depends on the dedication your willing to put in to get the results you want. It depends on what your goal is and how much you really want it.
We’ve all had those moments where you’re so ready to go somewhere or do something, that others might not be excited about, and you’re just ready! Like pumped up ready! You remember that feeling? You remember wanting something so bad you didn’t care what it took? That’s motivation.
The literal definition of motivation is, “the general desire or willingness of someone to do something.”
The desire or willingness to do something!
Is what you desire worth the dedication it takes to stay motivated for it? Are you willing to put in what’s needed to get what you want?
To say that each of us has motivation inside of us is true, but to say that we all use that motivation…well sometimes that’s a different story right?
So what can you do? What helps people stay motivated? What can you do to make sure you don’t loose what you desire?
1. Write down your goals! Write down what you actually want or desire to have. Review this regularly! You don’t have to constantly remember every goal you have, write them down so when you do come back to that list it will be there. It might just spark some motivation as soon as you see it again!
2. Use what makes you happy! Do you love listening to music? Pump that jam up then! Do you like to chew gum? Girl grab you some of that hubbu bubbu and get to it! Find the small things that make you happy and incorporate them into what you want, or need, so you can get more out of what your doing!
3. Reach out to others! I know, some people feel that if they reach out for help on something then it “doesn’t count” when they do it or finish it. This has to stop! We NEED each other in this world. We all need help at times, and to say you can do it all, all by yourself, is pure insanity. Reach out to a mentor when you need help in your career! Reach out to a couch if you want to work on physically feeling better! Reach out to a teacher if you want to learn something new! Reach out to a friend is you need encouragement! Reaching out doesn’t make you week, it makes it to where when you do get where your going you’ll have a tribe behind you that you know supports you!
4. Exercise! I can hear it now, “Boooooo, no work outs!” Sorry, not sorry though! Exercise is key to physically, emotionally, and mentally feeling better! Just 5 mins! Take 5 mins everyday and do a stretch, go for a jog, go knock out some crunches and abs! Be active! We can’t expect our goals to just come to us we have to chase them down, tackle them, and make them ours! Can you do all that if your not feeling good? If you barley get up and move everyday, how do you except to tackle that desire you have? Exercise just 5 mins a day, if you’re not use to it, and use that drive to push you in your other goals!
5. Reward yourself! No, I don’t mean go eat an entire tub of ice cream after every workout! No, I don’t mean go buy yourself everything in site because you were able to redo your budget and have extra money this month! No, I don’t mean go fly to the Bahamas cause you got an A+ on your test! I mean, if you just did a hard workout, go reward yourself with a nice hot bath and a piece of chocolate! A PIECE of dark chocolate is the best! If you were able to redo your budget and got some extra money, go have a nice lunch with a friend. If you just scored an A+ on that test, hell ya by the way, go celebrate with a nice relaxing night at home where you dont look at books or anything to do with that class! Or go have a nice night out with friends! It’s the little rewards that actually help push us for more!
So what are you going to do to get motivated? What tools will you use to keep yourself accountable for staying on track?
Write it all down! Whatever you think, or know that helps, write it down! Go back to it over and over and over again! Push yourself!
You can achieve everything you desire, you just go to GO FOR IT!
Good morning, I hope you all had a great weekend and are ready to conquer your Monday Morning! Heck your whole week!!
This morning we are going to look at a few key Yoga pose’s to help open you up for an incredible amount of breath and energy!
And it only takes 5 minutes!
Yoga is a great way to help wake your body up in the mornings and really get your overall energy and health up!
Benefits of Yoga:
⁃ Breathing! It helps to open your chest, and this will help with concentration and focus for your day!
⁃ Increased Energy and Mood! Feel good after knowing you took time for you and it helps your health!
⁃ Reduces stress! Allow yourself to relax! That is what you deserve!
⁃ Physical Strength! Grow your outer and inner strength through balance!
⁃ Mental Health! Don’t take this time for granted, truly come to your mat and just be. Do the moves that bring you energy and strength. Find peace knowing your mind and body are connected together, the way they should be!
⁃ Overall health! – sounds silly when you say but yoga is one of the easiest exercises to help your overall health! You don’t have to do the hour long practices either! Just a good five minute practice every day will help make you feel better, stronger, and with more energy!
Now with benefits like those, and so many more, do you think you too could spare 5 min from your day? Just 5 min to set yourself up for success!
It’s that easy!
⁃ Start with hands by your side and breath in.
⁃ Go into Mountain Pose and make sure you reach as far as you can with your fingertips!
⁃ Grab left hand and pull to the right. This is a sideways stretch and opens the ribs. Do one side and then the other.
⁃ Hands back up to Mountain Pose.
⁃ Next, down to a Forward Fold. If you cant go all the way down that is totally fine! Only go half way, but make sure to breath!
⁃ Hands back up to Mountain, then back to a slight backbend. Release your breath when you go back!
⁃ Come up then go into a Goddess Pose! This is my favorite! Its such an Empowering move and really opens your whole body up!
⁃ Breath! Breath! Breath!
⁃ Stand up to do shoulder stretches. Left then right!
⁃ Take your hands by your side and breath in. Roll your neck to the right. Roll it to the left. Go one side all the way around twice. Then go to the other twice.
⁃ Come back to Mountain Pose!
⁃ Hands down, breath in the out, make noise when you breath out! Use your vocals to really get that last breath out!
⁃ Then, SHAKE IT OFF!
Whoooo! You did it!! See! Wasn’t so bad was it? And now you’re filled with extra breath for your body, your mind, and soul!
Now!!! If you want to push for more, below is an added on sequence to the top that I move through! I love really moving in my practice though! Just do what you feel comfortable with!
⁃ So you just came back to Mountain Pose after your neck rolls!
⁃ Let’s go down to Downward Dog!
⁃ Breath! Take a moment in this.
⁃ Down to all fours. Hands and feet. Make sure you Re-situate yourself!
⁃ Time for some Cat and Cow! Make sure your breath is alined for each. Don’t rush this! When your in Cat, check your shoulders, how do they fill? When your in Cow, hows your lower back? Be aware of your body in each pose!
⁃ Back to Tabletop.
⁃ Come back into a Child’s pose and breath.
⁃ Breath here for three good full breaths.
⁃ Come up and flip around to where you are sitting with legs straight out.
⁃ Stretch down to your feet. If you can’t thats completely okay!!! This takes time, and this is will come!
⁃ Hands up! Reach as far as you can with your hands while sitting!
⁃ Lay back all the way down!
⁃ When your ready! Flip over!
⁃ Flow from plank to Downward Dog in one motion. Breath through this!
⁃ Once in Dog, walk yourself back up to a Forward Fold. (Half way is great too!!)
⁃ Breath in and reach up to Mountain Pose one last time!
⁃ Breath out and bring your hands to your heart!
⁃ Close your eyes and let go. Dont focus on poses or breath or any of it. Just be.
⁃ Open your eyes, take one more big breath in! Breath out and use those Vocals! Make it a breath that you are pushing Everything bad out of your body!
⁃ Then, SHAKE IT OFF!
You did it!!! How do you feel?
The time you take matters! Don’t rush through these just to say you did them. The time you make for yourself is your oasis. Own it, and Grow it.
Happy Mondays Loves! Go forth and make today and each day after YOUR DAY!