Getting into the countdown weeks of baby girls arrival I have gone into full on nesting and preparing mode! From rearranging every kitchen cabinet🤷🏼♀️, washing all baby girls clothes and sheets, and having our car detailed (if you saw the amount of dog hair you’d understand😐), I feel like I can’t stop cleaning and organizing! One thing I wanted to make sure I got done and was 100% prepared for was the packing of our car and hospital bags though!
When To Pack
There’s no right or wrong time to pack, rather your 24 weeks or 38 weeks packing your bag is something you are in complete control of and it should be a fun experience! I was told to go ahead and get mine packed around 34 weeks by my doctor but sometimes it’s nice to just already have it done so your not having to worry, And you can always add too or take away if you pack earlier! If you pack late too that’s totally fine! I know some Mamma’s that dont pack till 38 weeks or sometimes when they are heading out the door!😬 Either way, what you put in your bag should be what counts!
Checking Off The List
If you know me at all, I LOVE LIST! Like obsessed with list, reading them, and making them, and checking things off them! It’s just one thing that calms my very over active OCD mind!😂 With that, I have spent hours… and I mean HOURS going through every other hospital bag list online, and mommy article on Pinterest I could find to put together what I feel is a pretty solid list of items to bring to help Mommy, Daddy and baby all feel comfortable and have what is needed!
Now while I know there are some items on here that some may feel aren’t needed and in turn there may be some items that aren’t on here that you feel should be, this is just my list I have made for myself! Every Mommy is different and has different needs and may want certian other items to help feel comfortable! Being comfortable is absolute key and anything you want to bring to help get that BRING IT!
Below is the list, but I will also share links to some of the items that I bought below it so if you want to look into them you can for your own bag!!🥰
ALSO below all the links is the PDF file for this list, so if you would like to download and have you can!
Now I will have a separate bag for baby girl, her diaper bag, and a bag for her Daddy. So really we will have three bags going to the hospital with us. I know, too much right?? Welll what can I say, I am a huge, “rather have and not need then need and not have” person! 🙃 I will have all baby girls stuff in hers and then my husband’s will have his things along with the bathroom essentials and extras in his.
One thing I did get told by other moms is while the hospital does have everything you need for baby; wipes, swaddles, pacifiers, creams, and everything else, to make sure to also bring an empty bag with you for all the hospital stuff when you get ready to leave! All that extra stuff in the room is for you and all that is 100% yours to take home so make sure to take an extra little sack to grab all the goodies!!😁
Again, this list is just one I have made for myself that I feel will help make me more comfortable while going through the most vulnerable moment in my life. Please make sure you bring whatever makes you comfy and remember that on that day the greatest blessing of your life is on their way! 👶🏼
Links to Hospital Items
- Robe – Amazon – https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DFPTBK4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_TD7X2QE3TCQ50VE4NTP4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
- Night Gowns – Amazon – https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08Y5JDVH1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_PKJFZ1DBA3CAV8MGH2ZW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
- Post Partum Undies – Amazon – https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BVLZJBS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_R07FKTBBTHRTMYFKMRXJ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
- Post Partum Ice Packs – Amazon – https://www.amazon.com/dp/B094DLLRJ4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_GDH0YMRF7JGFQ5EV2WE6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
- Belly Band – Amazon – https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BRVNMH3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_MA49KKF29BXHJ6FR98V7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
- Periobottle – Amazon – https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089ZW9GYL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_0PXKBKN7CS2X88TBF17T?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
- Dermaplast -Amazon – https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073PBPC51/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_CDZ0CKYZ3G9W9DX8Y83W?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
- Nipple Cream – Earth Mama – https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000JVCBBG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_9PY1WDZ33MG0VCD27VVW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
- Breast Pump – Willow – https://shop.onewillow.com/products/the-willow-pump-gen-3?utm_source=Braze&utm_campaign=&utm_medium=email&utm_content=021522_$50offPump_GiveawayReminder_NP
- Mommy Hospital Bag (Not on list but obviously gotta have something to put all this in and this one is the absolute best!) – Amazon – https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SQ57M99/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_8CPVX9CH9WK5N756KT2R?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
If you have any feedback or questions I would love to hear from you! Links to my social medias are below and always open💛